Categories of Disability under IDEA
As part of making special education and related services available to children with disabilities in the public schools, IDEA defines the term “child with a disability” and includes specific disability terms.
- Categories of Disability under IDEA
- Developmental Delay
- Emotional Disturbance (ED)
- Hearing Impairment
- Intellectual Disability
- Multiple Disabilities
- Learning Disability (LD)
- Other Health Impairment (OHI)
- Speech and Language Impairments
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Tourette Syndrome (TS)
- Visual Impairment including Blindness
More Disability Resources:
Looking for local resources available in your area? Our PTI Regional Coordinators can help you! Find the Regional Coordinator working in your area using our Find Your PTI map.